Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So the twins learned a neat new trick




The new trick works like this.... 12:00am feeding.. they feed. They go to sleep until the 3:00 am feeding. 3:00 am feeding begins. Twin A (doesn't matter which one) goes to sleep. Twin B starts screaming. Screaming. I mean fucking screaming a lot. Loud. Ear piercing screaming... the kind of screaming where you have to get out of bed and walk around with the baby. The whole time Twin B (again, doesn't matter which one) sleeps like the proverbial baby.

Just when twin A sets it down and goes back to sleep, twin B decides it would be a great time to pick up where twin A left off. The concert continues. In fact, "concert" is the best term for it. I saw Metallica in 1994 at the old Starplex when it was still just the Starplex. It was loud. My ears hurt. When I thought it was over, they came back and played louder and awesomer. My babies are pretty much like Metallica, except they suck at singing and sound worse than that Load/Re-Load double album bullshit. Oh, and that "awesome" part -- they are not awesome!

So that was my 2:30 AM to whenever the sun came up. I can't wait for my beautiful babies to learn some english so I can politely ask them to pipe it down.

The dogs are sick of this shit too.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I can't imagine twins, but I promise it gets better! They WILL sleep!