Sunday, November 16, 2008

Poop is funny

I wanted to write this yesterday, but I got sidetracked by the budding evil in our children.

A couple days ago, I wrote that I only seem to write about when the kids sleep. So I thought of another topic to write about pertinent to the children.

Poop.

Baby poop is one of those things that sounds awful, but it's actually pretty benign. It's a good thing, it means your kid is healthy, and it's really not that disgusting.

Except when it is.

So both of our kids were sorta constipated two days ago. They wouldn't poop. Lilly went about a full day without pooping, Nolan went a little longer than that. We were getting concerned.

They fixed it. Within 10 minutes of each other.

Nolan blew out most of the lower half of his body into his diaper. I don't think I crap this much. It was one of those poops where you really just have to step back and admire the digestive system. I was on the way out to the garage to get the sandblaster to clean up his backside when wife reminded me that we don't do it that way.

Then Lilly did the most unladylike thing I've ever seen. She made a noise from her undercarriage that made me a little proud of her. I went and checked her, and it was like she was thinking "anything Nolan can do I can do better". And she did. It's like our kids birthed new kids of their own!

So we were relieved to see that our babies were healthy, and a bit amused by the quantity of food by-product those kids processed.

Wiping poop off a baby is like wiping gravy out of deck of cards.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Um, I was taking a drink of red wine when I read this. Red wine on the computer, on the table, through my nose. Awesome!