Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's the start of a long night


I have a real problem going on here. I have one child who will sleep with almost no problem, and another child who screams like crazy like something is seriously wrong and who will not shut up at all unless the vaccum cleaner is running. It's unbelievable if you've never experienced this.


Our sweet Lilly gets so upset between the hours in which she is eating -- it's really sad. And difficult. She flippin goes apeshit. My wife whipped that girl into shape a week ago Friday (which is the subject of the upcoming post of awesomeness I keep promising), but in truth it's been a very difficult couple days.


So I've got the first shift tonight. I'm responsible for keeping the children alive until 2:30AM. I have to fly to Tampa tomorrow night for a hearing on Thursday, but fortunately the night nanny is coming Wednesday night.


The last time the night nanny was here, Lilly was so worn out from her weekend of not-sleeping that she slept like the proverbial baby. I seriously believe the night nanny believes we're either lying to her or we're the worst parents ever.


I still feel dirty about the night nanny. Not dirty like that, you sickos. Dirty in that "I can't believe we're paying someone to take care of our babies". I understand that there are parents of twins that have survived this without extraordinary help, and I salute those parents. It's truly amazing to me.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Hope it turned out okay. Or that you have mucho caffeine today.