Sunday, March 29, 2009

Real Food Postscript. Apparently Real Food = Real Poop

I forgot to add that the addition of rice cereal to the children's diet has added an unfortunate side effect. I've been warned by other parents for months now about the coming awfulness of the backside of real food. Apparently it'll get worse once we switch over to fruits and vegetables.

It's bad. Not crawl in the corner and shiver bad, but definitely "I need a hug" bad. It's really hard to mentally resolve the smell of diaper gravy cooking your nose hairs juxtaposed with a cute-ass grinning baby smiling back up at you. You want to ask God how it could be that something so small and cute could produce something so absolutely disgusting. I think God has a sense of humor, and this was where she was thinking "I'll fuck with them by making their poop smell awful!" Silly God.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Been reading Ben and all I can say is welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood...

Looks like you have your hands full amigo but your kiddos are very cute. Stay in touch.

Regards,
Stephen Paul

Anonymous said...

In another year you'll realize this is just the beginning of yucky and gross! — Nancy B

Anonymous said...

I'm anxiously awaiting your next post. Bet this one will have something to do with not staying put anymore. -- Nancy B