Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Sleeping through the night"

My wife tells me that some egghead doctor classifies "sleeping through the night" as 6 consecutive hours of sleep. That's the biggest load of garbage ever.

Hey doc -- when you sleep from 10PM to 4AM, that's not "through the night". That's not even to the middle of the night! That's "I woke up at 4AM."

There are even stupider moron doctors out there who call "sleeping through the night" at 5 hours. These mouth breathers don't know people like me. How could 5 hours of sleep be sleeping through the night? Does that mean that I used to sleep through the night TWICE in one night? (God I miss those days).

From bottle warmers to doctor jargon, there's a whole lot about babies that make no sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I burst out laughing, my office mates insisted I share. Then they all joined me LOL-ing when I read this to them: "Does that mean that I used to sleep through the night TWICE in one night?"

Thanks for keeping up with the blog. It's wonderfully entertaining.